Moving Ally offers you various moving tools that help you plan and organize your move more efficiently. Here we bring you a Moving Planner which is created to assist you in your moving journey. With our moving planner, you can arrange everything before the moving day and enjoy while relocating. A planned move means no hassle, no worries and you will miss nothing. Let’s check out the moving planner.
4 weeks before the move doesn’t mean you have a lot of time. But when you start planning it seems you are short on time. Don’t panic, you still can manage everything if you follow this plan.
4 weeks before the move
- Start researching for moving companies & book a mover
- Connect with moving insurance companies
- Create an inventory list of the items to be moved
- Declutter your belongings and list them for sale or donation
- Start packing items that are not used frequently
- Order packing & moving supplies if needed
- Notify your utility provider & bank about the changes in the postal address
- Arrange childcare and pet care services for the moving day
- Visit your new neighborhood to explore everything
- Inform your landlord about the move
It’s a busy week as you have to do a lot of things from arranging a parking spot in a new neighborhood to hosting a goodbye party. Let’s see what else you have to do.
2 weeks before the move
- Apply for a parking permit in the new neighborhood
- Schedule termination and start date for utility services at the old house and new house
- Start cleaning the place to save money on your security deposit
- Time to say goodbye to your neighbors and friends in the old neighborhood- host a party
- If you need storage, book it now
- Secure all your documents and pack them in a bag separately as you have to carry them
- Start consuming items in the refrigerator
Final pack-up week and time to start preparing for moving day.
1 week before the move
- Pack a bag for essential items that you need in the first week after the move
- Prepare food for the moving day
- Prepare a floor plan for the moving day
- Clean up the dishwasher and remove moisture
- Arrange uninstallation and dissembling service for appliances
- Arrange junk removal service
- Inspect the old house with the landlord
Time to cross off the tasks in the moving checklist. Take a deep breath and get ready for the big day.
1 day before the move
- Arrange cash for the moving day
- Confirm with childcare and pet care services
- Prepare if the weather is not good
- Confirm timing with the moving company
Finally, the day is here, say goodbye to the old and move to your new house with a smile on your face.
- Keep your handbag and first-week essentials bag separate from the moving boxes
- Keep a check on the inventory list
- Explain the floor plan to the movers & keep eye on the inventory
- Drop off your kids with the childcare service
- Walk through the house once loading is completed
- Handover the keys to the landlord